The cost effective alternative to ISDN that provides flexibility and business continuity
What is SIP?
What is SIP?
A SIP “trunk” is simply a virtual phone line that we provide to connect your phone system to our online network, providing the same service and great audio quality as a traditional analogue phone line but with a host of benefits for any team:
- Save money
IP connectivity costs less than ISDN with lower call costs, free internal calls between extensions and offices and lower line rental costs for multi-sites. No expensive call forwarding costs are required should you relocate or need to divert calls in the event of a disaster. This means you can easily connect staff who are working in separate premises or facilitate remote work.
- Business Continuity
If your office has to be temporarily relocated in an emergency, a flexible communication system is vital. SIP or VoIP phones can forward your calls to any location, quickly and cost-effectively. Meaning your business can continue to operate, no matter the situation.
SIP trunking provides a phone service that will cope with any situation and give your business unparalleled resilience for your telephony. Whether you need to keep your business running in a disaster or emergency or you need to load balance your calls between sites during peak hours – SIP trunking delivers! Your team will always be able to keep communicating with next to no downtime thanks to SIP trunking.
- Line rationalisation
For businesses with multiple sites, SIP trunking provides the opportunity for line rationalisation and reduces the number of PBXs you need to maintain – while retaining full control of the numbers associated with your business.
- Flexibility with phone numbers
SIP trunking enables you to move office and keep the same geographic number without any ongoing call-forwarding costs or those associated with producing new company stationery.
- Compatible with Teams
Create a truly competitive business solution by combing your SIP or VoIP phone with Microsoft Teams. Teams allows you to communicate with voice and video just about anywhere, and it can operate easily through your SIP or VoIP solution.
With Business VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) your phone calls simply travel over the Internet as data, just as email does. This can dramatically lower your telecommunications costs while increasing your productivity. It also provides useful features and capabilities that conventional phone technology doesn’t offer:
- Use your VoIP system anywhere: take your phone system anywhere with an internet connection. This allows you to facilitate truly flexible communications, whilst also keeping costs much lower.
- Talk on your laptop: VoIP is compatible on many different devices, choose the one that’s most comfortable for you. With a laptop all you need is a headset; VoIP communications are indistinguishable from a traditional phone call. Allowing your team to communicate in a way that suits them boosts productivity and morale.
- Many VoIP services allow voicemail and faxes to be forwarded to your email inbox, this helps your team to stay on top of all of their communications, so that they never miss a thing.
- Use any available area code, not just the region you’re based in.
- Make calls anywhere in the world for FREE, saving on expensive overseas call costs. Calling over the internet greatly improves your bottom line, whilst still providing high quality audio calls.
- Configure your VoIP phone numbers to ring on multiple devices such as your mobile and desktop phones. Create group calls, so that customers can get through to the right person quickly and easily, creating a more efficient customer service environment.